The Effective Editor (WRBCb-14)
This is a 3-day intensive workshop that will help editors at all levels sharpen their editing skills for the 21st century newsroom.
At the seminar, journalists will learn techniques for sharper line editing, as well as strategies to coach their reporters and help them brainstorm ideas. They will also build up their editing toolkit through sessions on time management, social media tools and ethical decision-making.
- How to edit stories for greater clarity and stronger structure
- How to coach your reporters through reporting and writing a story
- How to lead successful brainstorming sessions
- How to foster collaboration on team projects
- How to manage your time and priorities
- How to build strong relationships across the newsroom
- How to use social media to build your brand