Poynter Reporters Boot Camp 2 (WRBCb-13)
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS SEMINAR ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED.
The first few years of a reporter’s career can often be daunting and overwhelming. The Poynter Institute wants to help new reporters – particularly those in their first or second year – make a breakthrough and lay down a solid foundation for their careers by putting them through the Reporters Boot Camp.
Led by award-winning reporters and editors, this two-day seminar will provide reporters with fundamental skills to succeed as journalists in the digital age. They will learn how to find great story ideas, develop the best sources for their stories, conduct successful interviews, take good notes and organize their research, and conduct strong fact-checking. They will learn techniques for managing their time, as well as making ethical decisions in the newsroom.
- Effective interviewing skills
- Identifying and developing the best sources for your stories
- How to find great story ideas
- Tips on taking good notes and organizing your research
- Tips on covering a beat
- Managing your time
- Techniques for strong fact-checking
- Ethical decision-making in the newsroom