The Effective Reporter (WRBC-14)
This is a 3-day intensive workshop that will help reporters at all levels sharpen their reporting and writing skills for the 21st century newsroom.
At the seminar, journalists will learn the essential skills of reporting based on data and documents, as well as strategies for effective sourcing and interviewing. Reporters will learn how to tell powerful stories across multiple platforms – using a toolkit that includes generating story ideas, focusing stories and using scenes and characters to enrich their storytelling. Reporters will also learn how to work on projects – from writing the project proposal, to mapping out the stories in a series, to getting it done on time.
- How to use documents and data in your reporting
- How to cultivate sources and interview more effectively
- How to brainstorm great story ideas
- How to focus your stories and write with greater clarity
- How to bring your stories to life with scenes and characters
- How to organize a project
- How to build strong relationships across the newsroom
- How to use social media to build your brand