Essential Skills for the Digital Journalist (W434-12)
Let Poynter help you master the basics of audio, video and multimedia tools, along with social media tools.
We’ll not only teach you how to use journalism’s new tools, we’ll also help you improve your storytelling and give you confidence to navigate the ethical pressure points presented by today’s emerging platforms.
You will leave with the know-how and confidence to grow in a new media world. Most importantly, you’ll change the way you think about storytelling and the future of journalism in our communities.
You can find a DRAFT copy of the schedule here.
If you’re interested in staying for Saturday’s Writing Day with Roy Peter Clark, Tom French, Tom Huang, Alexandra Zayas and Chip Scanlan, you’ll receive a 50% discount for that workshop.
- Key multimedia skills, including audio and video
- Best practices in using blogs, Twitter and Facebook to your advantage
- Tools for recognizing and negotiating the ethical issues specific to multimedia and social media
- What it takes to survive and thrive in a constantly changing landscape
- Why you need to build your brand as a journalist — and how to do it inside and outside your news organization
- The skills and knowledge you need to chart your own career path
Who Will Benefit:
Senior Editor for Visual News at Minnesota Public Radio, Poynter Adjunct Faculty
Senior Producer/Multimedia, National Public Radio
Visual Journalism Faculty
Senior Faculty, Ethics, Reporting and Writing