Editing 2012: How to Wear 5 Hats and Succeed (W421-12)
The Great Bosses Seminar Series
Editors: Learn how to effectively manage your ever-growing number of responsibilities — and produce better stories. Make better decisions about coverage. Brainstorm better ideas. Coach reporters to ask better questions. Write shorter — or longer — and edit faster. And develop a leadership style that works.
Whether you wear one of these hats or all of them, and whether you work in a newspaper or online newsroom, this seminar can help you. At a time when the goal of many newsroom managers is survival, this seminar can give you the journalistic tools and leadership skills to make you — and, ultimately, your staff — more effective. We’ll help you make your job easier and your stories better, and send you home to teach others, too.
- To use social media to better engage your audience and improve your coverage
- To make decisions earlier in the day that will produce better stories for multiple platforms
- To write effectively for the Web
- To coach better ideas, better interviews, better writing
- To have difficult conversations that produce the results you want
- To develop your leadership style to enable change — not hinder it — and deliver results
A limited number of scholarships are available.