The Multidimensional Journalist (W401-12)
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS SEMINAR ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTED.
Let Poynter teach you essential skills to produce deadline stories across multiple platforms. Learn to use social media tools, including Twitter and Facebook, to cover breaking news. Editors and reporters from print and digital media who attend this seminar will become more effective multidimensional journalists — reporting, writing and editing across print and digital platforms, including blogs, websites and tablets.
We’ll help you do high quality dailies and enterprise stories. In addition, the seminar will help journalists understand their audience — and how the audience changes with each platform.
- The essential steps in the writing process — and how to coach others in this process
- Tools and tips for leveraging the power of social media
- Tips on blogging and how to write concisely
- Strategies for maintaining accuracy, fairness and balance in deadline writing
- How to frame and focus your stories, using all forms of media
- How to explore the language requirements of writing across multiple platforms
Questions: E-mail email@example.com