The Poynter Leadership Academy (MACAD-12)
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS SEMINAR ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED.
The Great Bosses Seminar Series
You’re a smart newsroom manager, eager to grow as a leader in today’s innovative media environment. Participation in Poynter’s Leadership Academy could very well mark a turning point in your career. Our most ambitious annual leadership program, it involves nearly all Poynter faculty and top media leaders as guest faculty.
Learn what’s working in print, broadcast and online organizations and enterprises as they reach out to evolving audiences. Receive personalized, expert coaching and identify the strengths you can leverage and challenges you must overcome in order to develop both newsroom staff and the audiences for the news and information you produce.
Naughton Lecturer: Tom Rosenstiel ~ Director, Project for Excellence in Journalism
- How to lead in challenging, changing and creative times for journalism
- How to innovate, collaborate and coach people in new skills and new ways of approaching their craft
- To take advantage of the latest digital tools, skills and strategies
- To produce journalism that people want and need, making good decisions even with limited resources
- How to be the manager staffers want to work with and bosses want to promote
Questions: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Who Will Benefit:
Senior Faculty, Leadership and Management
Senior Faculty and Adviser to the President
Senior Producer/Multimedia, National Public Radio
Editor of Thunderdome, Digital First Media – New York
Associate Dean, Cronkite School, ASU