Poynter Leadership Academy (MACAD-13)
Here’s a fact: Each October, managers in newsrooms all over the world come to Poynter to learn how to be better leaders. Why?
“I consider my time at Poynter to have been a week-long detox, of sorts, that helped me recognize my best work habits and objectively look at what I want to do better, smarter or simply in a more purposeful way. To have been given the opportunity to DO all this in the company of my peers from all over the world, in sessions taught by a dazzling lineup of faculty mentors, is one of the most rewarding experiences I’ve had as a journalist.” Shawna VanNess, Newsday
Here’s another fact: Poynter’s Leadership Academy could mark a turning point in your career. Our most ambitious annual leadership program, it attracts newsroom managers with the potential to play major leadership roles — and offers them the tools, insights and inspiration to propel them forward.
You will learn what’s working in print, broadcast and online newsrooms. You will receive personalized, expert coaching — and learn how to do the same for others. You will identify strengths you can leverage and challenges you must overcome in order to develop your newsroom staff and build audiences for the news and information you produce.
You’ll learn to:
- Lead in challenging, changing and creative times for journalism
- Innovate, collaborate and coach people in new skills and ways of approaching their craft
- Take advantage of the latest digital tools, skills and strategies
- Produce journalism that people want and need, making good decisions even with limited resources
- Be the manager staffers want to work with—and bosses want to promote
One last fact:Poynter’s Leadership Academy is the investment you need to make in your career. Apply today and guarantee yourself a seat.