Great Bosses Boot Camp: Performance Management (GBBC-13)
Great Bosses Boot Camp: Performance Management is a one-day, highly focused and interactive workshop for managers in all fields. You will build your personal leadership skills as well as gain new tools and insights into raising the performance of your staff. Best of all, you’ll be able to put this practical teaching to work immediately.
Poynter’s Great Bosses Boot Camp workshops are fast-paced, using real-world examples and exercises. Participants will also receive a copy of “Work Happy: What Great Bosses Know,” to continue their leadership learning.
In the Great Bosses Boot Camp, you will learn:
- The top ten things great bosses know — and what they do differently from others.
- How performance changes when bosses wear “feedback glasses.”
- How to succeed at four levels of tough conversations; including how to assess, prepare and conduct each type for a positive outcome.
- How easily managers erase and undercut their positive feedback, and how to protect against it.
- How to gain better control of your time each day, so your work has maximum impact.
- How you can encourage employees honestly and effectively, without resorting to insincere or undeserved praise.
Jill Geisler - Senior Faculty, Leadership and Management; author of “Work Happy: What Great Bosses Know”
Butch Ward - Poynter Managing Director and Leadership and Management Faculty
Tuition includes lunch. Limited seating.