TV News Anchors: Top Performance on All Platforms (B415-14)
We are no longer accepting applications.
You’re an anchor who knows news and delivers it well. But your newsroom needs more from you – in everything from coaching reporters to developing great story ideas to leading the way in social media. How do you do it all? You’ll get there with Poynter’s help, in the company of other anchors who share your goals and challenges. Here’s what others say about their experience:
“My co-anchor recommended I attend in my new leadership role. Now I know the responsibility and the power of my position. I got tools that will help me continue in this journey to a successful journalistic career. I love the group, and the experience of sharing my thoughts with other anchors allowed me to grow as a person and journalist. Thanks for making me believe in myself.” Viviana Paez, News Anchor, Univision Sacramento, Sacramento, CA
“I now have the tools and information that will make a difference in my personal growth, and our newsroom operation.” Jon Evans, News Anchor/Reporter, WECT-TV & Fox Wilmington, Wilmington, NC
“My former co-anchor has always suggested I attend because he said it was so rewarding. Rewarding is an understatement.” Julie Luck, News Anchor, WFMY News 2, Greensboro, NC
What will YOU learn in this seminar? Practical tools that will help you and your team gain a competitive edge and skills that will strengthen you as a newsroom leader.
You will learn from various Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Chip Mahaney, who will be making a special guest appearance via Skype to teach anchors how to use social media more effectively.
TV News Anchors: Top Performance on All Platforms is a week of intense, interactive learning that includes:
- Feedback from your newsroom on your unique strengths and challenges as a leader.
- Strategies for developing stories with true impact, even when you’re tied to the anchor desk or time is tight.
- Training in how to coach writers, so you can do far less “fixing” of their copy.
- Immersion in social media, with personalized training to get you up to speed on platforms and tools for reporting, connecting with communities, and building brand.
- Skill-building in critical thinking, so your newsroom won’t fall victim to ethical land mines and manipulation.
- Schooling in conflict resolution, to help you when the pressure’s on.
- One-on-one coaching focused on your unique needs as a key player on your newsroom team.
The best anchors aren’t just good readers; they’re smart, talented leaders. Let Poynter help sharpen your skills.
Who Will Benefit:
Senior Faculty, Leadership and Management
Senior Faculty, Broadcast and Online
Executive News Director, WFAA-TV
Senior Director, Local Operations, The E.W. Scripps Company
Interactive Learning Producer