TV News Anchors: Top Performance on All Platforms (B415-13)
You’re an anchor who knows news and delivers it well. But your newsroom needs more from you – in everything from coaching reporters to developing great story ideas to leading the way in social media. How do you do it all? You’ll get there with Poynter’s help, in the company of other anchors who share your goals and challenges. Here’s what others say about their experience:
“Life changing…major eye-opener” Veronica Cintron, Bay News Nine
“…I learned a great deal! Information that I can immediately put to use in our newsroom as a leader, anchor, reporter and cheerleader of morale.” Carolyn Clifford, WXYZ-TV
“You will go home knowing who you are and how your colleagues view you. I am management ex officio.” Steve Grant, KY3-TV
What will YOU learn in this seminar? Practical tools that will help you and your team gain a competitive edge and skills that will strengthen you as a newsroom leader.
TV News Anchors: Top Performance on All Platforms is a week of intense, interactive learning that includes:
- Feedback from your newsroom on your unique strengths and challenges as a leader.
- Strategies for developing stories with true impact, even when you’re tied to the anchor desk or time is tight.
- Training in how to coach writers, so you can do far less “fixing” of their copy.
- Immersion in social media, with personalized training to get you up to speed on platforms and tools for reporting, connecting with communities, and building brand.
- Skill-building in critical thinking, so your newsroom won’t fall victim to ethical land mines and manipulation.
- Schooling in conflict resolution, to help you when the pressure’s on.
- One-on-one coaching focused on your unique needs as a key player on your newsroom team.
The best anchors aren’t just good readers; they’re smart, talented leaders. Let Poynter help sharpen your skills.