The Write Field - Poynter and the Tampa Bay Rays
When national reports indicated that in 2008 Pinellas County had one of the highest drop-out rates for African-American males in the country, Poynter acted. Working with founding partner the Tampa Bay Rays Foundation, Poynter joined with local schools, law enforcement, businesses and community groups to create The Write Field.
The Write Field is a dynamic program designed to improve the academic performance and life skills of selected middle school boys. We are pleased to be in the fifth year of the program, which meets one Saturday each month during the school year.
You, too, can become part of The Write Field. For information about how to become a mentor or a participant or for more information about the program, please contact Poynter at 727-821-9494 or email@example.com.
- Become a speaker and share your expertise and experience.
- Become a monthly mentor that meets regularly with the group at Poynter for the scheduled sessions from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Become a program mentor who commits to attending the monthly sessions and building a relationship with three to four Write Fielders for the school year.
All mentor candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Dedicated to the well-being of the members of the program
- Submit a written application
- Complete the Department of Children and Families (Level 2) background screening and fingerprinting
- Provide current employer information