Custom Programs: Build a Program to Meet Your Unique Training Needs
Poynter faculty teach in newsrooms, classrooms and conference rooms all over the world. And we are available to teach at your location. Our faculty members offer expert teaching in a variety of areas, including reporting, writing and editing, leadership and management, ethics and diversity, and the latest in multimedia tools and storytelling. Poynter is available for custom programming at your site or ours. For more information about faculty availability, session topics and rates, please contact Ellyn Angelotti, email@example.com, (727) 553-4299. For information about our international programs, please contact Howard Finberg, firstname.lastname@example.org, 727-821-9494.
Workshops at Your Location
Workshops at your site typically run for a day or two. They are ideal for training groups or departments, small or large. The training can also include one-on-one coaching sessions. Poynter faculty are skilled facilitators, offering craft skills and leadership strategies you can use to motivate and inspire news staff or students to deliver top-quality work — even in today’s challenging environment. As part of the training, we can also come to you virtually.
• Multimedia Storytelling
• TV Reporting and Producing
• Leadership and Management
• Making Better Ethical Decisions on Deadline
• Visual Thinking
• Storytelling With Audio and Video
• Mobile and Social Media Strategies
Poynter’s e-learning project, News University www.newsu.org, works with individual organizations to develop custom Online Group Seminars and Webinars, focusing on specific training needs. The Poynter NewsU Certificate of Proficiency Program is designed to help editors, publishers and educators assess a participant’s understanding of the journalism industry’s essential skills and best practices. The program stretches training dollars and allows staffers and students to work as they have time, rather than on a set schedule, and utilizes some of NewsU’s self-directed courses. If you are interested in customized online training or certificates for your organization, please contact Vicki Krueger, email@example.com, or call 727-821-9494.
E-Learning Custom Training Partners:
• Online News Association (Training, events & digital content)
• Wyoming Tribune Eagle (Certificate Program)
• Home Shopping Network (Custom Training and Certificate Programs)
• MSN.com (Custom Online Group Training Program)
• The Seattle Times (Custom Certificate Program)
• University of South Florida/Tampa (Certificate Program)
• Canadian Broadcast Corporation [CBC] (Custom Training Package)