Roger Black has been chief art director or design consultant for publications of all kinds, all over the world. Among them:
- The New York Times
- Reader’s Digest
- The Los Angeles Times
- The Washington Post
- Semana (Colombia)
- Panorama (Italy)
- The Straits Times (Singapore)
- Kompas (Indonesia)
- Tages Anzeiger (Switzerland)
- Svenska Dagbladet (Sweden)
- Scientific American
In March 2014 his design for the Asia Tatler magazines was launched. Currently, Roger is consulting on th redesign of a chain of newspapers in the San Francisco Bay Area. A founder of Font Bureau, he’s helping with that digital type foundry’s efforts in new markets.
Black received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Society for News Design in 2013. He was recognized by the University of Chicago alumni association in 1996 with a Professional Achievement award.
Past teaching event:
* The Poynter Digital Design Challenge, Jan. 27, 2017
* The Poynter Design Challenge: A Project to Create New Visual Models for Digital News Publications, Oct. 17-18, 2016.